Monday 3 December 2012

Mylapore again

Thanks to a wonderful group of Chennai sketchers from Penciljammers, I seem to be finally sketching again. Last sunday we all met up in front of the Mylapore temple which I had visited before with Uma, but this time instead of going into the temple I was happy roaming the streets outside.

As I started this sketch of the Nandi sitting atop the temple wall, I felt something crawl up the back of my neck. I was sitting on the ground of a dusty street after all. So as I flapped at my neck with my hand I felt a sharp pain shoot up my middle finger. It was an idli ant! (That's what a friend of mine calls them, the big black variety, because when they bite you, your skin swells to the size and shape of an idli!). Within a minute my left middle finger was double the size of the right one and couldn't be bent :( but anyway I carried on and actually the sketching made me forget the discomfort. I think I've found the best antidote to ant-bites finally!


6 comments:

  1. I love your sketch of the cow atop the temple wall and I am so glad that you are posting once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Nandi is a bull actually and you are right, the way I've drawn him he looks like a cow!! But I'm pretty sure I couldn't see a hump...?? Now I'm intrigued. I need to go there and look again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I like how calm and composed the cow/bull is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I would like to thank you and congratulate you for your blog. I ended up to your blog while I was searching for images to Buland darwaza. Surfing on your blog is like travelling to the indian daily life and india through sketches, beautiful and poetical

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Nadir! An d Surkhi, missed seeing these comments completely till now!

    ReplyDelete